I had another day of depression. Today was supposed to be physical therapy, but the therapist wanted to wait until after my neurological testing until he sees me again. Phil called my neurologist’s office, but all the nurse could say was she was waiting for insurance approval.
I couldn’t help but remember my blog from yesterday about choosing joy.
It also reminded me of what my favorite artist recently said: “A lot of times, we walk through life with blinders on, and we forget about music. Last night …. I put on some music …. Oh my God, I’m falling in love. Oh my God, I love music”.
Using this quote and what I learned yesterday, I decided to listen to my mixture of music and share some lyrics. I won’t be listing artists as I don’t want you to be bored or embarrassed at my eclectic taste in music.
- I don’t want you to think that you’re here all alone
I know some times that you feel you’re out on your own.
I’ll be the rock that will never break,
A shoulder that you need to lean on
For you I’m never too far away
As long as I’m here, you’ll never be alone
- Two drifters off to see the world.
There’s such a lot of world to see.
- Envy is over-rated.
How you gonna use the next man’s dream to keep yourself motivated?
- Where will you go
If in your heart you forget how to find love?
You’ll never know if you don’t give it a chance
You gotta prove your faith.
- Don’t let your mistakes define how much you’re worth
- Love, if you keep it real, it will make you feel a million ways you’ve never felt before.
- You’re not second best; don’t settle for less.
- Find yourself in a dream with the city of sky
And the sound that you hear’s like a heart that beats
Moving you close to me,
it’s like a symphony That’s playin’ for us
- Your well’s run dry one more time
You just keep hanging on
And it’s such a crime
You’ve got to let it go.
- Baby, don’t you give up on me.
You’ve got to know you’re my inspiration.
- Maybe I’m brainless
Maybe I’m wise
But you’ve got me seeing Through different eyes
- It don’t matter what you’ve done before
’cause I’m only gonna love you more and
Nothing else really matters too much to me.
- All through my life I knew that you’d be my world
Knowing every where I go
Things you taught me they would show
So many times and changes You’ve seen me through
I sure enough couldn’t have survived without you
- Find in your heart to change
Spread a little love around and take away the hurt and pain
- You better prepare
Cuz I’m not saying I’m better.
I’m just saying that I’ve been there.
- I believe in everything you said to me.
The past is so dead to me.
And I believe in your heart that found me
Through all the hardships surrounding me.
- And the rain falls down.
It’s only way it gets better.
If the rain is falling down,
Then I’m gonna make it through.
- It’s not about where you been;
It’s all about where you’re going.
- It ain’t the way you rock your hair.
It ain’t the stylish clothes you where.
It ain’t the clearness of your tone when you’re talking on the phone.
Not the way you say my name
Or how you look in your lingerie.
Cuz if I took it all away it’d still be all the same
Cuz you’re so naturally sexy.
- What if I took the route and followed my dreams?
- You’ve come so far in so little time
Look how much you’ve grown
I watch you struggle, I watch you try
Try to make a life of your own
So let the tears falling down your face
Water your dreams,
they won’t go to waste
There all yours baby.
- God chose what you go through; you choose how to deal. He’ll carry you in times of trouble when you need to heal.
Listening to these songs have helped me so much regain my focus, and tomorrow, I’ll resume my devotional.